Welcome to “Spinning Again Clique,” MMA Junkie’s weekly present that takes a fast spin by way of the largest subjects in combined martial arts. This week, host John Morgan is joined by panelists “Attractive” George Garcia from MMA Junkie Radio, in addition to MMA Junkie managing editor Simon Samano and reporter Danny Segura. Let’s get into it!
- John Kavanagh just lately spoke with TheMacLife, and he talked about the potential of Michael Chandler or Justin Gaethje doubtlessly stepping in for Dustin Poirier at UFC 257. Let’s all knock on wooden that that isn’t obligatory, however Kavanagh stated – respectfully – that each of these guys are “slightly easier” opponents for Conor McGregor. Out of these three guys – and together with Dan Hooker, as effectively – who’s the hardest matchup for McGregor?
- Colby Covington is getting vocal once more and claiming that he’s ready to sign a contract with Jorge Masvidal and is just ready on the person he calls “Avenue Judas” to get on board. We all know Masvidal is likely one of the greatest stars within the sport, and we all know he’ll struggle anybody, so what else is occurring? Is there a much bigger struggle to make for Masvidal?
- Vitor Belfort is the newest MMA fighter to come back out and discuss a potential fight with Jake Paul. UFC Corridor of Famer Michael Bisping has stated he’s in. Ben Askren. Dillon Danis. The listing goes on. All of it does appear a bit foolish – skilled prizefighters taking over a YouTube sensation – however there additionally appears to be actual cash at stake. Is there something mistaken with these fighters attempting to money in at their most worth, or ought to there be some form of code of ethics that forestalls professional fighters from collaborating in these circus sideshows?
- The UFC’s bantamweight division continues to be an exciting weight class with quite a few viable contenders in line for champ Petr Yan. A resurgent Jose Aldo known as out T.J. Dillashaw after his newest win, however Rob Font additionally stated he’d like a crack at both of them. We additionally now know that Cody Garbrandt isn’t keen to simply sit round for his flyweight title shot and wish to face Aldo whereas Deiveson Figueiredo and Brandon Moreno get their rematch sorted. So realizing we’ve acquired these 4 names to work with now – Aldo, Dillashaw, Font and Garbrandt – what are the 2 fights to make?
- Bellator president Scott Coker just lately stated he’s not going to let COVID-19 damage the retirement struggle of MMA legend Fedor Emelinanenko, saying he’s hoping to delay issues lengthy sufficient for the 44-year-old Fedor to fight in front of 30,000 people in Moscow. So, realizing that’s the plan, and let’s say Bellator is keen to open up the checkbook to get anyone they want for this struggle, play matchmaker for a second and inform us who’s the only option to face on the opposite aspect of the cage.
For solutions to all of these questions, watch Episode 59 of “Spinning Again Clique” above.