Ben Rothwell will get to compete simply a few weeks after having his struggle scratched.
Rothwell (38-13 MMA, 8-7 UFC), who noticed his UFC on ESPN 24 matchup vs. Philipe Lins crumble just one day before his fight, will now face octagon newcomer Chris Barnett (21-6 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at UFC Battle Night time 188 on Could 22, which takes place on the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
Two folks with data of the matchup confirmed the reserving to MMA Junkie on Thursday however requested to stay nameless for the reason that promotion has but to make an official announcement. Fight Bananas was first to report the information.
After Rothwell efficiently made weight for his featured prelim towards Lins, the Brazilian by no means confirmed as much as the weigh-ins and was ruled out of the fight due to illness. Rothwell took to Instagram to say that his matchup with Lins had been rebooked for UFC Battle Night time 188, however sources near MMA Junkie confirmed that Lins wasn’t able to compete at that date. As a substitute, Rothwell drew Askar Mozharov, however visa points pressured the Ukrainian to withdraw and he was changed by Barnett.
Barnett, a 27-fight veteran, never fails to entertain. “Beast Boy” was scheduled to face Brett Martin at XFC 44 on Could 28, however the struggle was scrapped as soon as he received the decision to the UFC. The previous Island Fights heavyweight champion most not too long ago competed in September, when he scored a first-round knockout at UAE Warriors. He has participated in boxing, kickboxing and MMA fights and can look to attain an enormous upset over veteran Rothwell in his short-notice octagon debut.
With the addition, the UFC Battle Night time 188 lineup now consists of:
- Rob Font vs. Cody Garbrandt
- Carla Esparza vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Justin Tafa vs. Jared Vanderaa
- Norma Dumont vs. Felicia Spencer
- David Dvorak vs. Raulian Paiva
- Invoice Algeo vs. Ricardo Ramos
- Courtroom McGee vs. Claudio Silva
- Victor Rodriguez vs. Bruno Silva
- Josh Culibao vs. Yilan Sha
- Damir Hadzovic vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Rafael Alves vs. Damir Ismagulov
- Sarah Alpar vs. Stephanie Egger
- Jack Hermansson vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Chris Barnett vs. Ben Rothwell